Monday, December 14, 2009

Laugh If You Want (not like I'll know)

"Though lovers be lost love shall not."
Dylan Thomas

I have lost undeniably, but it shouldn't matter. It shouldn't be like this. I hardly knew him and yet...he is gone. I am nothing to him and never was, never will, though I still feel the loss. A dull hollow ache that makes me feel empty inside. Sadness befalls me at his thought and my eyes start to tear, yet I never cry. In his presence he made life more than what it is; more lively, more exciting, just more. Then he left. His illusions faded and I was left in tedium. I seeked him out in my mind to help me get by but it only made it worse. I griped him tightly. However, the grip faltered and fell with time. Holding hope still hurts, but reality is dawning. I see a glimpse of light, then the lunar ecipse plunges my world into night. He tortures me with his appearence and leaves me in renewed agony. I am left wading through a shallow pool whose tides rise and fall in anger and misery, seeking release because it is impossible to drown in its depths.

Really bad attempt at poetic writing.(ewwwkkkeeek) Scattered metaphors and overdramatized.Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment